Organizations around the globe are turning to Robotic Process Automation (RPA) to become faster and more agile in the face of increased demand and rapidly changing environments.
From managing the high changes in network traffic, supporting the increased demand in customer call centers, to preparing and enabling a remote workforce, organizations are realizing the benefits of automating right now.
“RPA: one of the 7 biggest technology trends that will transform telecoms in 2020”
Source: Forbes (1)
What is RPA?
Robotic process automation (RPA) is a type of software productivity tool that enables users to configure bots, which manage specific dedicated tasks within software applications – no actual physical robots are involved!
The bots can be programmed to mimic key strokes enabling actions to be concatenated, delivering complex macro-like functionality. They can work across multiple systems in a session (different applications, spreadsheets on different operating systems and so on), for example, extracting data from one system, merging it with another data set, and then importing it into a different application.
Working together, bots can handle complex and sophisticated processes, not just removing the risk of human error, but driving down costs and speeding up time taken to complete tasks.
“To increase business agility, IT leaders need to maximize the breadth of RPA use cases and stay ahead of market trends.”
Source: Gartner (2)
RPA in businesses today
Today, RPA is being used across businesses to optimise repetitive and time-consuming tasks, and eliminate errors.
RPA can speed up analysis of demand fluctuations and sales intelligence, streamline revenue assurance, accelerate order activations and assist with call centre queries.
There remain many opportunities to introduce it in more departments, and use it more widely across functions.
Boost your automation level
The “new normal” has created massive changes in demand, as both home-working and communications between friends and family impact the networks. We can help your teams adapt their network strategies, adjust operational support, and implement new technologies to support the changes we see now, and those we can anticipate as the situation continues to change.
Digis Squared can provide remote resources to automate many of your processes, and facilitate your teams’ working-from-home tasks. The Digis Squared team have extensive experience of implementing and optimizing RPA.
“Process automation will define the telco of the future”
Source: EY (4)
We can help your teams to,
- Design and implement RPA solutions and methodologies to automate any repetitive process
- Review and optimize existing RPA processes and infra-structure, and identify additional opportunities
- Processes assessment reflecting the business value of any implemented automation
- Complete optimization on UiPath license utilization
We can also help you identify and target potential areas of improvement,
- Creating base level of RPA awareness
- Deep dive with all teams to identify business challenges
- Propose new ideas of automation
- Posting RPA-related updates
- Monitoring and analytics of all automated processes
Using project-proven methodologies, and RPA process-driven workflow, together with your team we work to understand and discover your issues, identify efficiencies, design solutions and then develop and implement automated solutions. But that is only part of the process, ongoing assessment of the implementation to identify further enhancements and optimisations is a key part of the work we do.
Off the peg, and bespoke RPA solutions
We have more than 50 ready-to-use RPA process developments, varying between complex, medium and simple scope,
- Site halt and activation
- Down sites repetition handling
- Network fluctuations monitoring and reporting
- Alarm monitoring and reporting
- Services testing
- Outages handling
- Configuration management execution
- Configurations audit
- Trouble Tickets handling
- Customer complaints handling
- Special events monitoring
- International traffic optimisation
- Warehouse management
- Inventory management
- Field expenses monitoring
- Disaster recovery audits
- Consistency checks
- Data synchronisation and integrity
- Licenses renewal handling
- Network elements backup system
- OSS/BSS accounts management
- Managed services KPIs monitoring
- Operations KPIs monitoring and reporting
Our teams have the skill to precisely address your business demands: we can adapt these ready-to-use RPA developments to rapidly meet your needs, or create a bespoke solution from scratch.
Now more than ever, RPA can increase your agility to manage rapidly changing demands.
Keep up to speed with company updates, product launches and our quarterly newsletter, sign up here.
“By 2024, organizations will lower operational costs by 30% by combining hyperautomation technologies with redesigned operational processes.”
Source: Gartner Predicts 2020 (2)
Image credit: Philipp Katzenberger