5G network design, deployment & optimisation
Our vendor-agnostic, independent team of experts are here to assist MNOs and service providers to develop, adopt and implement the best strategies for their 5G network design, deployment & optimisation, and ensure efficient integration with legacy technologies.
- Spectrum strategy: Radio spectrum is the most valuable asset owned by MNOs, and ensuring efficient ROI on this asset relies on the development of a very strong spectrum strategy, to achieve the best customer experience and best mobile broadband (MBB) experience. 5G is use-case driven technology, and different bands are optimised for different use cases. The Digis Squared team can assist you in the selection and trade-off of features and capabilities between the deployment of different bands deployment, and help you to optimise the best band allocation strategy.
- Rollout strategy: Deciding to implement a Non-Standalone (NSA) or Standalone (SA) network rollout deployment is a critical decision within any 5G rollout strategy. By working with the expertise and vendor-agnostic knowledge of the Digis Squared team, MNOs and service providers ensure that they can assess all the options and benefits. Our team identifies and assesses cost-effective ways to initiate deployment, and the data analytics models and capabilities developed in-house by Digis Squared help businesses decide where to allocate their investments most effectively.
- Core network strategy: If your teams are working on Next Generation Core Services (NGCS), then the Digis Squared team are here to help MNOs and service providers identify and adopt optimised scenarios, and select optimum consortium for HW, SW, application and OS layers. Our vendor-agnostic, independent experts use their E2E experience to identify and orchestrate network slicing strategies to deliver the best scenarios and options to support mobility procedures, session management and other relevant functions such as policy control and security.
- Interoperability strategy: 5G is not an isolated, solo technology, which is why all MNOs and service providers need to consider their interoperability strategy carefully, to ensure the different technologies within their networks work together harmoniously. The Digis Squared Radio Team is vendor and technology agnostic, and with deep expertise across many network deployments, architectures and configurations – use our knowledge at the strategy stage to ensure your network is interoperable and highly optimised across all parameter level settings.
2. Network design
Network design is the key factor to ensure easy network operation and best customer experience. At Digis Squared we know that delivering good design is the key step to help MNOs and service providers to achieve their 5G targets.
Digis Squared’s network design tools and data modelling are used to identify and deliver the best to our clients, and are key in guiding our clients in their 5G network design, deployment, optimisation projects.
- Radio network design: Using the Digis Squared INOS intelligent design module, we work with our clients to identify the best network design to reach their 5G coverage and capacity targets, and post-implementation INOS ensures they can measure and achieve optimum network performance. For existing 4G networks developing a 5G evolution strategy and design, the selection of new 5G sites, with their differing topologies and network footprints, is a very important project stream.
- Transport network design: The transport network is frequently the cause of throughput bottlenecking. The Digis Squared team use our state of the art tool, INOS, to identify anomalies with end-user customer behaviour, and traffic models to give our customers optimum transport network connectivity and capacity designs.
3. 5G network optimisation: capability, customer experience & interoperability
Our vendor-independent, multi-technology team of experts handle Non-Stand Alone (NSA) and Stand Alone (SA) optimisation services, delivering comprehensive audit, design review and approval, configuration and cluster performance as part of 5G network design, deployment, optimisation projects.
- Baseline and feature mapping (review and validation of correct configuration and features)
- Approval of cluster acceptance reports
- Generate cluster optimisation audit (COA) report (KPIs, configuration, features, radio design)
- Traffic management and mobility strategy definition and verification
- Audit network optimisation strategy
- Support network tuning
- Support network acceptance
- Manage feature and configuration baseline update
- Perform further optimisation to maximize KPIs
- Project management
- Troubleshooting including interworking between 2G/3G/4G/5G, and customer complaint analysis
4. 5G network testing
Ensuring you have vendor and technology agnostic data to base your decisions on.
Network testing is a vital step in both the acceptance phase of massive 5G deployment projects, and performance enhancement after acceptance. During both phases, the Digis Squared team ensures you have direct access to vendor agnostic and independent experts, delivering clear answers and optimised solutions to your teams.
The Digis Squared INOS testing solution is a cloud-based, automated network testing solution, with support for 5G devices. INOS enables you to verify, accept, optimize and troubleshoot your mobile network in environments where portability is vital – malls, stadiums, offices, and other large venues. Additionally, when used in drive testing, its portability means that no experts are needed in the vehicle, just the driver, ensuring staff-efficiency and safety during Covid-19. The advanced testing capabilities of INOS, including the ability to support multiple devices, provides the subscriber (QoE) and the network (QoS) with near real-time reporting, plus automatic reporting and analysis capabilities with actionable insights to improve your subscribers’ mobile experience.
With over 80% of all mobile data traffic occurring indoors, and growing demand on 5G fixed wireless, INOS empowers you with the data to make decisions, and to plan and optimize your indoor and small cells investments with great efficiency in OPEX and TTM.
Digis Squared’s INOS automatic testing platform can be used in all types of testing, including,
- 5G-NR new sites SSV: INOS pre-defined and customized reports, empowered by adaptive acceptance logic, enable operators to check site acceptance status within minutes of testing, thereby accelerating 5G site activation checks and time to market.
- 5G-NR network benchmarking: Super flexible benchmarking kit design to meet customer requirements with unlimited numbers of connected mobiles to single INOS kit. Empowered by cloud monitoring and management, the solution complete post-processing (PP) with automated logic, reporting and L1 optimization checks, empowering operators to solve and maintain QoE within minimal time.
- In-building testing: The INOS testing kit supports an unlimited number of mobiles; each mobile undertakes specific tests pushed from the cloud through the INOS scripting module monitoring, and all test activities and events are handled through the INOS cloud. After the test is completed, log files are uploaded to the INOS cloud, and with just one click pre-defined customized reports are generated – for example, indoor reports per floor, with all the pre-defined KPIs, in the format you need (MS Word, PDF, or MS Excel).
- Massive IoT testing: NB-IoT is one of the main drivers for operators to implement 5G networks.INOS IoT testing solution supports,
- CAT-M, NB-IoT and NB-IoT2 RF connectivity
- All connection protocols: TCP/UDP/FTP/HTTP/HTTPS/FTPS/TLS/MQTT/CoAP
With cloud management and automatic reporting, INOS enhances IoT service time to market.
The INOS solution supports comprehensive E2E IoT testing, including the ability to check QoS from the device side right through to the platform.
5. 5G network operations
Independent, flexible support to meet your needs.
Digis Squared has developed a very strong operations model to handle 5G nodes operationally, starting with FM and CR handling to back office, front office and integration activities handling.
Adopting special models to operationally handle 5G-NR network is vital in early deployment phases in order to ensure non-continuous coverage network performance and customer experience.
Our experienced, vendor-agnostic team can work alongside yours as they come up to speed, or manage all 5G operations for you – we work flexibly to meet your needs.
6. mMTC & Edge computing
Machine-type communications (MTC) play a significant role within 5G networks, and are typically broken down into,
- massive Machine-Type Communication (mMTC): delivers wireless connectivity to tens of billions of machine-type terminals.
- ultra-reliable Machine-Type Communication (uMTC): achieves high availability, low latency, and high reliability.
- enhanced MTC (eMTC), is an LTE-M technology, a type of low power wide area network (LPWAN) radio technology standard developed by 3GPP to enable a wide range of cellular devices and services (specifically, for machine-to-machine and Internet of Things applications).
- ultra-reliable low-latency communication (URLLC) services, is used in multiple advanced services for latency-sensitive connected devices, such as factory automation, autonomous driving, the industrial internet and smart grid or robotic surgeries. Digis Squared’s EDGE Computing deployment experience will help customers in enhancing the performance of URLLC, and is another example of our commitment to continue investing in new technologies as we anticipate and keep pace with new technology developments.
Key issues for mMTC,
- Scalable and efficient connectivity for a massive number of devices sending very short packets. (This can not be adequately handled in cellular systems designed for human-type communications.)
- Need to enable wide area coverage and deep indoor penetration, plus be low cost and energy-efficient.
- Deployment and testing of mMTC services are vital activities within a 5G network, requiring automation of integration, testing and optimization activities. Digis Squared has developed set of automated solutions to be used in integration, testing and parameters tuning of MTC devices, to help our customers to improve the performance of MTC services, as well as their overall network performance.
Whatever your ambitions for massive machine type communication and edge computing deployment, work with our teams to ensure the smooth deployment and optimisation of all your new technologies.
Return to Digis Squared Portfolio page.
Digis Squared, independent telecoms expertise.