Packet Core & Cloud Delivery Lead Cairo Egypt
Please check the specific details, required experience, and location.
If you’ve got what it takes, please,
• First, check: Candidates must have the minimum experience described below.
• If you have this experience, please email your CV to us, and ensure you put the job title in the subject field of your email email@example.com
We are looking for a Packet Core & Cloud Delivery Lead with hands-on engineering, technical management, and strong design experience to deliver Digis Squared’s Cloud & Packet Core deliveries across the region.
The succesful candidate will provide leadership, and operate at a senior level within customer projects. They must have an ability to understand the customer’s business and technical needs in detail, and, critically, the ability to translate this knowledge into an optimised solution. In addition to technical project management skills and experience (deployment, integration, and testing), they will be responsible for managing activities in this field across different Digis Squared customers in the region.
- Digis Squared office in Cairo, Egypt (only)
- Responsible for solution architecture, having expertise in Cloud Packet Core Portfolio
- Design and leads the design, implementation and testing of complex solutions in complex customer environment
- Support the Digis Squared Sale/Presales Team for Customer Solutions during sales/presales phases
- Project delivery responsibility and accountability with the customer, and provides technical support and guidance during solution design for new requirements, and problem resolution for critical / complex issues
- Develop detailed customer solution design & architecture and perform technical risk evaluation for overall technical solution
- Drive and lead the technical implementation during the project delivery phase
- Ensure contractual delivery timelines between Digis Squared and our customers are met, as per the contracted project time plan
- Manage all the technical management activities defined in the customer contract, with delivery-centric preparation throughout the deployment, customer acceptance and post-launch phases (including support)
- Create and maintain end-to-end solutions and documentation including but not limited to, high-level design, low-level design & CIQ, IP-design & communication, VM design, signalling call flows
- Integration of Cloud Packet Core nodes with other network elements (e.g. Radio, PCRF, Core, Charging & Billing System, Mediation & DWH) and solutions… (VoLTE, VoWiFi).
- Experience of deployment in Cloud environments like VMware, openstack and Cloud Infrastructure – Compute, Network, Storage & Back-up. Certification will be of added value!
- Experience with planning and deployment on VMWare/NFV/Cloud based Data Centre – Additional certificates are welcome!
- Good working experience of EPC solution design, platform, and application deployment (on VMware, OpenStack, Kubernetes), system configuration, integration with 3GPP peer nodes, LTE call flow testing, troubleshooting, supporting system go-live and software upgrades
- Strong understanding of 3GPP call flows, protocol stacks and good hands-on experience in Evolved Packet Core solutions from one or more vendors (MME, SGSN, SPGW, TWAG, ePDG, Diameter DRAs)
- Solution Deployment and Solution Architecture Creation support
- Hands-on experience of packet core projects including engineering and design responsibilities
- Knowledge and experience of 3G/4G/5G, VoLTE and VoWiFi Technologies
- Strong knowledge of 4G/5G architecture, Cloud Infrastructure, and Cloud-Native architecture
- Knowledge of all or part of the set of protocols for IP/MPLS: IGP, BGP, RSVP, LDP, etc…
- Knowledge in domains like SS7, Diameter, Linux, Shell scripting
- IP certifications (Cisco, Juniper) are highly recommended
- Experience with Packet Core SW upgrades and related procedures
- Experience with 3rd Party Service and application providers for cloud-based and VoLTE projects
- Experience of and ability to lead and clarify requirements gathering discussions with customers
- Experience of and ability to troubleshoot call flow related issues and resolve them
- Experience of and ability to predict and understand the technical risks and challenges for Packet Core deployment projects
- A degree in Engineering or Telecoms
Additionally, you have excellent written and spoken English, superb communication skills, and an absolute minimum of 5 years experience in telecoms.