Digis Squared Open RAN projects and capabilities
CCO Mohamed Hamdy shares details of Digis Squared’s Open RAN capabilities and describes the types of projects the team are currently working on.
Digis Squared Open RAN projects and capabilities | Mohamed Hamdy shares details of Digis Squared’s Open RAN capabilities and describes the types of projects the team are currently working on.
This is the second in a series of blogs focussing on Open RAN, where Mohamed Hamdy, Chief Commercial Officer at Digis Squared, and AbdelRahman Fady, CTO, share their insights.
“The Digis Squared team believe that 100% of mobile operators and CSPs will move to Open RAN models sooner or later. Each MNO will deploy Open RAN according to their strategy, either in rural areas or in urban areas, and that’s why we’re giving strategic and operational focus to this.”
Mohamed Hamdy, CCO at Digis Squared
Digis Squared’s Open RAN expertise, solutions & capabilities
Mohamed, what insights can you share with us on the Open RAN work being undertaken at Digis Squared?
“The Digis Squared team believe that 100% of mobile operators and CSPs will move to Open RAN models sooner or later. Each MNO will deploy Open RAN according to their strategy, either in rural areas or in urban areas, and that’s why we’re giving strategic and operational focus to this.
The Digis Squared team started very early to build their competencies, expertise, tools and portfolio for Open RAN, as well as building a dedicated service portfolio to help MNOs to adapt their network architecture to the Open RAN model. Today, we provide insight-led multi-system and multi-vendor expertise across the entire network lifecycle.”
“Our work tries to address five key challenges we frequently see when working with clients,
- Lack of confidence in OpenRAN solutions
- Sub-optimal performance with a limited vendor feature set
- Delayed operator & vendor deployment
- Duplicated operator & vendor interoperability testing for HW & SW
- Lack of SI expertise for successful deployment
To address these issues we,
- Provide independent, interoperability and performance benchmarking, for example, by working with EANTC
- Undertake advanced E2E troubleshooting
- Deliver extensive system release validation
- Provide direct access to Open RAN expertise and experience in design, integration and deployment
And thereby deliver,
- Minimised deployment costs
- Accelerated time to value
- Richer vendor feature set through roadmap alignment
- High performing Open RAN solutions
- And, successful Open RAN deployments.”
In conversation with Mohamed Hamdy, Digis Squared Chief Commercial Officer.
How can Digis Squared help you with Open RAN?
The Digis Squared team are here to help, and can provide their experience, AI-led tools, and capabilities to help operators and CSPs with all aspects of Open RAN strategy, testing and deployment optimisation.
- We provide the industry with a range of OpenRAN related services including integration, performance benchmarking and systemisation.
- Collaborate with operators, vendors, system integrators and research institutes to promote and accelerate OpenRAN ecosystem development, focused on,
- System Integration
- Interoperability between vendor components
- Release validation
- End to end performance benchmarking
- Trials and PoCs.
- Showcase and promote OpenRAN within the industry (TIP, O-RAN, GSMA)
- Capacity solutions, cost-effective rural coverage, 5G solutions.
This Digis Squared Open RAN blog reveals some of the capabilities we have, and if you or your team would like to discover more about our OpenRAN capability, or other elements of the work we do, please get in touch: use this link or email sales@DigisSquared.com .
Read AbdelRahman Fady’s blog, CTO insights into Open RAN features and vendor flexibility.
Keep up to speed with company updates, product launches and our quarterly newsletter, sign up here.
Digis Squared, independent telecoms expertise.
- CSP Communications Service Provider (ComSP)
- SI System Integration
Image credit, Digis Squared social media and blog banner image: Charlotte Harrison